Thank you so much to those who came to Volunteer Weekend last month. We had so much fun and got a ton accomplished! But there is still much to do, and we will continue having monthly work parties until the desert heat gets unbearable again!This work party will be less structured than the last and while we would like you to RSVP, you don’t need to sign up for shifts this time. Volunteers are encouraged to come for a day or for the weekend!
SALVATION MOUNTAIN PROJECTS
Sand cleanup on “ocean floor” using brooms, leaf blower, etc.
GROUND PICK UP
Volunteers will scour the site with gloves and buckets, collecting miscellaneous refuse (ie. empty paint buckets, pieces of glass, misc)
FINISH PATCHING ADOBE on “Love is Universal”
Volunteers will learn how to make adobe from local clay and patch areas in need of repair/reconstruction.
- “Love is Universal”
- “Hot air balloon”
- ”Ocean floor”
If you have any of these items lying around, go ahead and bring em’ with you!PAINT!
- Paint brushes
- Empty 5 gallon buckets
- Dish gloves/rubber gloves
- Yogurts containers/paint container
- -Purified ice water and LUNCH will be provided but bring additional food for yourself if necessary, or cash to grab lunch in town.
- -Feel free to bring snacks to share with others!
- -Wear closed toed shoes
- -Bring clothes that can get dirty, painted on etc.
- -Bring sunscreen/sunglasses/hats to protect you from the elements
Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights guests are allowed to camp for free near the mountain. IF YOU PLAN TO PARTY INTO THE EVENING, please set up camp far away from the mountain so as to not disturb the workers who need their beauty sleep Please bring your own camping supplies, food, and prepare to pack out your own trash and anything you bring with you.
- Children of any age are permitted to attend however a
- parent MUST accompany them at all times.
- Friendly pets are permitted, but we ask you to please keep
- them off of the mountain while people are working.
- Drugs and alcohol are not permitted.
- Climbing the mountain is not allowed after sunset and
- before sunrise.
Thank you so much for your support! If you’re unable to join us for Volunteer Weekend, please come visit us soon!